the camino life
Traveling had always been my passion. After 35 years in the business world I retired in 2013 and began a series of journeys around the world seeking experience and the knowledge that comes with. Once I started, there was no turning back. A sedentary retirement playing golf, drinking beer, and lunching with old friends was not in the cards. I am now in the 8th year of a nomad existence. My only goal was and is to get in flow with the universe and let her take me to places I am supposed to be.
Camino de Santiago
Upon retirement in 2013 from a career I no longer remember, my first adventure was a Nepal Trek.
I was led by an encounter in a Nepal Tea House to the Camino de Santiago. In Spain. I have found my passion in long distance walking especially the Camino. While I continue to travel the world on a journey within I find walking to be the portal to the soul. Consequently, I am drawn to pilgrimages around the world and especially the Camino. To date I have walked 15 Caminos de Santiago: 11,000+ kms. 450+ days
But the journey within has taken me to other pilgrimages, including:
- Japan 88 Temple and Kumano Kodo: 1,000K, 45 days 2019
- Via Francigena/Canterbury to Rome: 2,000K, 86 days 2020
- Via Francesco/Rome to Assisi: 240K 12 days 2020
In hope of giving back, I am happy to provide information to anyone interested to walking on these pilgrimages or traveling to these locations. Below are the 68 countries I’ve visited
- Central America and Mexico 1997, 2016. Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico.
- Europe; France, Italy, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, England, Wales, Scotland, The Netherlands, Monaco.
- South America; Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Jan 1-April 28, 2015
- Nepal; 1987, 1994, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Ireland; 1984, 1994, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
- India; 1987, 1994, 2020
- Africa; Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Congo, Rwanda, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Morocco, Egypt. 1986, 1994, 2015, 2017
- Oceania; Cook Islands, French Polynesia, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia.
- SE Asia; Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia. 1994, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2018, 2019
- China; 2003
- Canada; Many times
- Turkey 2020,