After a hearty breakfast we canoed 2 hours down river to Puente Bolivar to visit the village and experience a bit of jungle life.
First a yucca bread making experience. Everything was done by hand, including;
- We pulled some yucca from the garden.
- Removed the outer shell with our hands.
2. Grated the yucca.
3. Gathered the grated yucca and strained it through a grater made with rope.
4. Placed the grated yucca on a flat pan over a wood fire and shaped it into a flat bread
5. Cooked the yucca until crispy and slightly brown.
The yucca alone was a bit bland, but delicious when adding some jam, or hot sauce, or eating with lunch of chicken and salads.